Exclusive: Member Flash Poll
- As of September 2022, ExxonMobil has already processed nearly 15 million pounds of plastic waste at our facility in Baytown, Texas, which otherwise could have gone to sit in a landfill.
- ExxonMobil has plans to expand our advanced recycling capacity to one billion pounds per year, by year-end 2026.
- Advanced recycling is a solution that can improve recycling rates for plastic waste and support a more circular economy while also providing the opportunity for lower relative emissions.
- Advanced recycling can break down hard-to-recycle plastics to the molecular level turning them into raw materials that can be used to make new, virgin-quality plastics and other valuable products.
- Advanced recycling technologies can be scaled and replicated across the globe to increase the amount of plastic material that can be made into new products.