Pipelines are an essential part of Louisiana infrastructure that we all depend on for affordable energy supplies.
- Louisiana pipelines support thousands of jobs annually.
- There are almost 50,000 miles of pipeline in Louisiana. Most of this is in the 19 parishes located on or near the Gulf of Mexico.
- Pipelines deliver energy safely to households and businesses, even in some of the most remote locations.
- Pipelines help reduce truck traffic. It’s estimated it would take a constant line of 750 tanker trucks, loading up and moving out every two minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to move the volume of an average pipeline.
- The Louisiana intrastate natural gas pipeline system has provided natural gas to most of the United States.
Do you support Louisiana pipelines?