Pipelines are an essential part of Michigan infrastructure that we all depend on for affordable energy supplies.
- The Michigan oil & natural gas industry supports thousands of jobs.
- Natural gas accounts for almost 35 percent of Michigan's electricity generation.
- Michigan consumes more natural gas than it produces, so pipelines are critical for importing the additional natural gas needed to meet the energy demands.
- Pipelines deliver energy safely and efficiently to households and businesses, even in some of the most remote areas of the state.
- Pipelines also help to reduce truck traffic, as it’s estimated a single crude oil pipeline could remove over 2,000 tanker trucks from state roads each day.