Rick Crawford (R-01)
United States House Member
Rick Crawford grew up in a military family where his father served in the United States Air Force. During that time, Rick had the opportunity to live all over the United States and overseas.
Upon graduation from high school, Rick enlisted in the United States Army where he served as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician. He completed four years of service, advanced to the rank of Sergeant in under three years, and earned numerous medals for service at home and in Southwest Asia.
After completing his military service, Rick attended Arkansas State University and graduated in 1996 with a degree in Agriculture Business and Economics.
Rick’s professional career has been primarily focused on agriculture in both agri-communications and general agri-business. He has been a news anchor, agri-reporter, and served as marketing manager for one of the largest John Deere dealer groups in North America.
Rick serves on the House Agriculture Committee where he is the Subcommittee Chairman on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management and a member of the Nutrition Subcommittee. Rick is also honored to serve on the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee where he is a member of the subcommittees on Highway and Transit, Water Resources and Environment, and Economic Development. Finally, Rick is also a member of the Permanent House Select Committee on Intelligence, where he serves on two subcommittees: the Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture Subcommittee and the Emerging Threats Subcommittee.
To give a voice to agricultural interests in Arkansas’s First District, Rick co-founded the Congressional Rice Caucus and the Congressional Chicken Caucus. As a former Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technician, Rick was honored to co-found the EOD Caucus to advocate for EOD units who protect communities across the country and men and women in uniform around the world. Rick has also founded the Congressional Panama Canal Expansion Caucus and serves as Co-Chairman of the Mississippi River Delta Caucus, Co-Chairman of the Mississippi River Caucus, and serves as the Vice President of the Mississippi Valley Flood Control Association. Representing the 2nd most steel producing Congressional District in the United States, Rick also serves as the Chairman of the Congressional Steel Caucus.
During his tenure in Congress, Rick has been honored for his legislative efforts by:
• USA Rice Federation Friend of the Rice Industry Award
• AgriBank & AgriBank District Farm Credit Council Friend of Farm Credit Award
• National Federation of Independent Businesses, Guardian of Small Business Award
• Retire Safe, Standing Up for American Seniors Award
• Arkansas State University College of Agriculture and Technology Outstanding Alumnus Award
• Farm Bureau Federation, Friend of Farm Bureau Award
• National Association of Manufacturing, Award for Manufacturing Legislative Excellence
• Rural Community Alliance, Champion of Rural Arkansas Award
• National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies Benjamin Franklin Public Policy Award
• International Foodservice Distributors Association Thomas Jefferson Award
• Associated Builders & Contractors Champion of the Merit Shop Award
Rick and his wife Stacy, also an ASU graduate, live in Jonesboro with their two children.